Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A little about me

     My name is Kyle and I have had a pretty chaotic life because of moving so I will try to keep this somewhat short. I was born in Oklahoma City but my parents moved to Midland shortly after I was born so I have no recollection of living there. I lived in Midland until I was about seven then we were off to Bakersfield, California until I was ten, followed by Doha, Qatar then finally to Houston, Texas when I was 15.
     My passion is guitar and all things related to guitar and music, I first started to learn guitar from my dad when I was about four but never really took to it until I was eight when would hear him listening to Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple. I played guitar constantly throughout high school and the associated shifts in musical taste which led to me developing a lot of versatility on the instrument. After I graduated high school I began attending Houston Community College to work towards and degree in music theory and composition. I had a rough time during my second year between developing severe asthma which I was hospitalized for and my mother being diagnosed as schizophrenic which led me to finish all of my music classes for my associates but lacking credits for my basics. The high amount of stress involved with dealing with a severely mentally ill family member ultimately led to me not having the patience to deal with school and dropping out.
     After leaving school I decided to teach guitar and repair instruments for a living while playing in bands in my free time. Fast forward a few years and my girlfriend and I decided to move to Austin and got married shortly thereafter. About a year later she became pregnant at which point we moved back to Houston to be close to her family which has led me to Lone Star College to pursue my CCNA initially then continue to get my associates in computer science. I have always worked on computers, I record with my laptop as often as I can and have built a few so I figured IT would be a good career change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment